Principal Product Architect, Digital Experience Management Platforms, Apple Retail Online
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Are you passionate about designing solutions that deliver amazing customer and employee experiences? Do you love the idea of solving a new business, technical problem every other day? Do you enjoy learning new and emerging technologies? Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. As the Principle Product Architect for Apple Online Store Platform, you will be responsible for architecting digital experiment management applications. Defining new capabilities and identifying critical platform/technology upgrades to enable innovative customer-facing features and capabilities. Our ideal candidate has in-depth, technical experience working within a large-scale, enterprise company, has built scalable applications within the eCommerce ecosystem while taking all aspect of the platform into consideration (i.e. SEO, personalization, A/B testing, etc..) He/she will be self-directed, operationally minded, and motivated, with strong analytical, project management, and influencing skills. He/she will have a knack for understanding application architecture as well as customer experiences, and be able to clearly articulate requirements to engineers, designers and other partners. This person would possess a deep understanding of server side technology, solutions architecture design, and software development methodologies.
- 10+ years of engineering experience in the software industry working on complex software products in eCommerce companies.
- Understand eCommerce ecosystem and in depth knowledge of eCommerce and marketing technologies.
- Advanced and in-depth knowledge of full-stack web application technologies.
- Deep understanding of Software Design patterns and how they can be implemented for best in class results.
- Strong object-oriented design and development experience
- Expert knowledge of concurrency, scalability and fault tolerant designs
- Experience and understanding of fundamental architectural principles and frameworks (MVC, Spring, Hibernate, etc)
- Experience with using various distributed caching solutions
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience creating technical roadmap(s) from conception to launch, driving product vision and leading design discussions.
- Effectively able to communicate to executives and global audiences.
- Self-motivated and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment where ambiguity and short turnaround schedules are the norm.
- Must exhibit high degree of ownership and accountability.
- Direct and lead the strategy and evolution of the Apple Online Store eCommerce platform, by collaborating with engineering, design, SEO, digital merchandizing, publishing and shopping experience teams to develop, maintain and evangelize technical product roadmap(s). - Partners with engineering and other business units to jointly define technical system architecture and is accountable for overall business technical systems design. Collaborate with engineering to design detailed technical systems for business problems, documenting thorough technical requirements. Technical systems are both business and IT systems. - Investigates new and emerging technologies to determine the overall feasibility of the technology. Investigation is done at a very low level such that the Product Architect understands the details of the technology. - Creates the technical vision of projects and programs, detailing and tracking them through Technology roadmaps - Builds fulling functioning prototypes to determine feasibility of concepts and identify technical / usability risks - Focus on building best-in-class customer experiences working with engineers on future proof technologies that underly these experiences and collaborating with all operational teams on the scalable processes on top of these technologies. - Collaborate on a continuous basis with other engineering leads and product management track leaders, to share critical platform tracks, review and assess impact of upcoming new features, identify requirements and prioritize these in respective roadmaps and Capital Plans. - Experience producing detailed product specification, workflow diagrams and data flow to facilitate platform architecture design and solutioning conversations - with partners. - Expertise in defining requirements that promote the scalability of the platforms and clearly articulate short term gains and longer term plans for extensibility. - Develop trusted relationships with engineering teams, business partners and partners to drive high quality and on time product delivery. - Understand and discuss technical concepts and manage trade-offs with internal partners and engineering. - Evaluate eCommerce and other experience management platforms within the landscape and identify market trends to help leaders formulate the vision and strategy for eCommerce platform - Collaborate with engineering to conduct RFPs and evaluate third party technologies where needed.
Education & Experience
Masters Degree in Computer Science or a combination of relevant work experience and education