Apple Watch - Software Engineer Intern
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Join the team that is revolutionizing Apple Watch! Are you ready to apply your educational experience to real-world problems? As a software engineer intern on the Apple Watch team, you'll be responsible for building world-class applications and frameworks on a brand-new platform. You’ll work closely with the UI design and QA teams to develop interactions of extraordinary quality that will ship to millions of users. You will engage in a collaborative, rapidly changing environment to integrate new technologies into Apple’s products. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. We offer a dynamic environment with creative, intelligent people and groundbreaking technologies. Bring passion and dedication to your job, and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- As our ideal intern, you'll have strong software development experience
- Experience with Cocoa, Objective-C, and/or Swift coding ability
- Experience with C/C++
- Consistent track record of completing projects on-time and to specification
- Experience optimizing applications and profiling throughout the stack
- Experience with at least one application framework
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Fantastic attention to detail
- As a software intern on the Apple Watch team, you will have many responsibilities relating to the design, development, and testing of the device software. These include: - Collaborating closely with the design team to evaluate designs against the technical constraints of the software and the hardware of a small, low power device. - Improving the applications and their underlying frameworks to innovate and push the boundaries of what's possible on exciting and easy to use interfaces. - Developing features with well-designed solutions that can stand the test of time. - Coordinating with the quality assurance team to both ensure full test coverage as well as to initiate focused testing on critical components.
Education & Experience
Currently pursuing a BS/MS/PhD in CE or CS required; or equivalent experience along with current student status.