Global Service Demand Planner - Long Term Planning
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
The Service Demand Planner is responsible for planning and creating long term forecasts for components and whole units. You will work closely with Global Commodity Management, AppleCare Engineering, AppleCare Planning & Procurement teams, and Worldwide Materials teams to provide comprehensive lifetime supply/demand analysis to ensure availability of service materials. You will own continued development of processes and tools to build more accurate forecasts, better tracking of material consumption and overall management. You are self-motivated with strong analytical capabilities, have a keen eye for business and effectively collaborate with partner teams to resolve supply issues. This position will be mainly supporting the End of Life (EOL) planning function within the demand planning organization.
- 8 to 10 years of directly related experience
- Deep expertise with Excel data manipulation and model development
- Experience in operations planning in same or similar industry and understanding of service planning processes
- Ability to work collaboratively and to develop relationships across functional/regional teams
- Detail and execution oriented; able to innovate down to the details
- Excellent communication, organizational and documentation skills
- Comfortable interacting with, and presenting to, senior leadership
- Process/tool implementation experience a plus
- Reporting experience and a strong understanding of database fundamentals/SQL skills a big plus.
Responsible for forecasting, tracking, approval and execution of materials. Develop strategy and purchase recommendations on critical materials issues, ensuring thorough business and financial analysis. Call out global lifecycle planning issues to senior management, identify root cause and drive corrective actions. In addition, you will: - Lead planning solution review meetings on a regular basis with senior leadership - Present different planning scenarios and use sensitivity analysis to address excess or shortage risks - Bridge forecast deltas among multiple planning horizons and highlight key planning parameters driving the changes - Research and develop alternative planning solutions based on each business case - Track inventory movement/component usage to identify potential excess or shortage risks and take corrective action - Responsible for further development of appropriate tools, tracking mechanisms, and processes to standardize and improve overall planning process - Operate within a complex business environment requiring an ability to deal with multiple internal and external business groups
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree required. Master's degree a plus