WW Education Strategy, Professional Learning Content Designer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. The people here at Apple don’t just craft products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. For over 40 years, we’ve had the privilege of working alongside educators around the world. From that experience, we know that educators with powerful technology can unlock the unique genius in every learner, so they can make a difference. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it! Apple's Worldwide Education Strategy team is growing, and we encourage you to apply. We’re looking for an experienced instructional designer who loves educational technology and is committed to creating transformative experiences for teachers. You’ll work under tight deadlines with minimal supervision in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where quality, creativity, and accountability are expected.
- 8+ years of experience in instructional or learning experience design (LXD), with a focus on K-12 educators.
- Well-versed in curriculum development, lesson planning, educational technology, and creating content for multicultural adult audiences.
- Skilled in visualizing the end-to-end learning experience and building a consistent journey. You’re able to “create something out of nothing.”
- Superb writing and editing skills, with exceptional attention to detail.
- Experience writing video and/or audio scripts as well as instructional text.
- Creative direction experience, especially in terms of incorporating graphics and videos into LXD.
- Experience developing complex scope and sequences from scratch, independently.
- Deep knowledge of instructional design models and assessment methods.
- Ability to learn, navigate, and work within learning management systems with little to no oversight.
- Experience analyzing, building, editing, and assessing curricula for all different learning environments (asynchronous and synchronous, classroom-based and virtual).
- Proficiency with word processor and presentation software applications, including Pages and Keynote.
- Self-directed with exceptional decision-making abilities, tenacity, and conviction.
- Consistent track record of prioritizing multiple projects and meeting aggressive deadlines.
- Demonstrated expertise in collaborating cross-functionally with partners of different backgrounds and perspectives.
- Passionate and self-motivated, with excellent organizational, time/budget management, and communication skills.
- You are a forward-thinking, patient listener and active participant.
- Your integrity and insight inspire consensus-building across teams.
- K-12 teaching experience preferred.
- Visual design skills preferred.
- Design, write, edit, and evaluate professional learning content for educators. - Identify course learning objectives and the engaging activities learners will complete to meet them. - Determine the instructional graphics, videos, and supporting materials needed to support the learning objectives. - Create experiences, tasks, and materials appropriate for adult learners. - Work closely with subject matter specialists to craft, revise, and maintain professional learning content. - Develop valid modes of assessment that correlate to learning objectives. Assist with vetting and updating assessments. - Design, develop, and maintain classroom, virtual classroom, and self-paced training content using traditional instructional design and rapid development strategies. - Promote and participate in intra- and inter-team innovation, technology integration, process improvement, and collaboration. - Stay up-to-date on and apply best practices in educational technology, learning theory, and instructional design.
Education & Experience
MA degree or higher in instructional design/technology, education, educational technology, or relevant equivalent.