Systems QA Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Are you looking for a new opportunity to work on a dynamic team that is all about delivering a quality experience on some of the world’s most creative products? Our Systems QA team is looking for a highly motivated, energetic, and experienced QA engineer with a passion for consumer electronics and breaking new ground on the leading edge of technology! You'll enjoy working on a team of diverse-minded Systems QA engineers as we take on new problems and help refine brand-new technologies for a simple and elegant user experience. You'll partner closely with the hardware teams as we develop the next generation of devices that seem almost magical. You'll also work with software engineering on planning for the next set of features that will take our products to the next level. Do you love it when products just work? Come join us and be a part of a team using creativity and innovation to qualify features and technologies that our customers love and that you will be proud of! Your work throughout every step of the development cycle will help make our products more flexible, reliable, and easy to use.
- 3+ years of SQA or System Test experience, preferably on consumer-facing hardware/software products.
- Understanding of applied mathematics (e.g. linear algebra, matrix computations, 3D geometry)
- Deep understanding of quality assurance methodologies, such as test planning, scheduling, and regression.
- Experience being responsible for a complete functional area of a product or application
- Experience working with partners across different teams and organizations to clearly communicate status and raise critical issues.
- Ability to think analytically, reduce data sets, problem-solve, and innovate.
- Ability to solve difficult problems with innovative and maintainable solutions
- Build, modify, and execute tests for validation of hardware and software features at the system level (the whole, integrated product). - Design and execute integrated system/scenario tests (including ad-hoc and interoperability). - Write test plans and other test documentation. - Work cross-functionally with other QA teams, developers, and project managers. - Report test, project, and innovation status regularly. - Be a vocal proponent for quality, both internally and externally.
Education & Experience
BS in CS, CE, EE, or related.