Senior/Lead Simulation Engineer, Autonomous Systems
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Play a leading role in bringing autonomous systems into the real world! We are looking for talented and dedicated engineers to help develop our simulation systems that we use to develop, test and verify mobile autonomous systems.
- 5+ years experience creating production software systems in teams
- C++ software engineering skills at expert level
- Excellent computer science fundamentals, data structures and algorithms, distributed systems, concurrent programming, performance profiling
- Experience with Simulation technology. Any of: dynamics & controls modeling, 3D graphics, raytracing, discrete event simulations, computational geometry
- Experience with robotics algorithms, robotics middleware. Bonus points for production robotics projects.
- Commercial software development practices including design, estimation, agile project management, code reviews, automated testing
- Excellent multi-functional collaboration skills: demonstrated ability to work across an organization with algorithm designers, verification engineers, and other technical departments
As a member of the team you will: - Own a major system or feature within our simulation platform including system design, work phasing and breakdown, a major share of implementation, code reviews, validation, testing, and rollout. - Collaborate with world class testing, data science, and autonomy teams to deliver our organization-critical simulation platform - Work closely with simulation team managers and leads to make high-impact technical decisions about system structure and approaches
Education & Experience
M.S. or PhD in Computer Science, or another related field, and relevant professional experience as above