Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Sales and Business Development
The people here at Apple don't just create products - they create the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. We seek an individual experienced in program and project management to drive the initiatives of a worldwide data management and strategy team. Are you organized and reactive to the challenges of a fast moving environment with ability to handle ambiguity and create structure? Do you have a strong data background, with previous experience in business processes with the shown ability to evaluate, analyze, influence and collaborate across all levels of the organization? If the answers are yes, you would be a great fit for our team. We work in a startup atmosphere where individuals take ownership and have significant impact on the final product. You will have the right balance of management, technical and portfolio management skills to successfully deliver complex cross-functional programs and projects in Apple's dynamic environment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, written and verbal, to all levels of an organization, with the ability to filter and distill relevant information for the right audience
- Experience in directing people (lead, delegate, motivate) and key operational processes
- Good understanding of Sales, Finance and Business Intelligence concepts to drive issue resolution
- Experience in Finance, Accounting, Sales Operations, Management Consulting, or other high-performance organizations desirable
- Experience driving cross-functional efforts across technical and business fields
- Champion data management adoption and gain consensus for the strategy and roadmap from partner teams through collaboration, documentation, and negotiation that effectively influences peers and senior management
We are looking for an individual who has the right mix of technical and portfolio management skills to successfully refine and deliver strategic data initiatives in a rapidly changing environment. You will have a consistent track record of delivering complex and innovative programs and projects that meet and exceed business requirements on time and within budget. YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE: - Manages the development and deployment process of Data Management Office products and services - Coordinates departmental or cross-functional teams, focused on delivering new or upgrading existing data services - Monitors projects from initiation through delivery including planning and directing schedules. Report on these items to key internal and external partners - Organizes cross-functional activities, ensuring completion of the project i.e. product on schedule and within budget constraints - Completes documentation and procedures for data operations - Understand high-level business, functional and technical data requirements, and be able to facilitate communication and coordinate discussions that drive decisions at the appropriate stage of the process - Drive promotion and adoption of program and project management standard methodologies - Some international travel may be required
Education & Experience
- BS/MS CS/CE or equivalent, advanced degree a plus - 10+ years of experience - Project Management certification a plus
- You have extensive experience working within global companies with a strong global mentality and a solid understanding of cultural differences. Given the nature of the role, you work independently when running multiple priorities in an unstructured, global and virtual environment is critical. You have a proven ability to work well with all levels of leadership and actively engage partners and customers to ensure that projects are delivered according to expectations on time and within budget.