Manager, Editorial Production - App Store
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
We’ve all found apps we love and apps that have changed our lives. Apps transform the ways we learn, work, travel, have fun, and pursue our passions. In 2008, the App Store launched with 500 apps. Now there are more than two million. And so our team challenged ourselves: How can we offer more perspective and insight? How do we showcase the work of creative developers? How can we make the App Store a place our hundreds of millions of customers will want to visit every single day? We’re hiring people who want to help make that happen! The App Store Editorial team curates, recommends, writes, and publishes stories and promotions about hundreds of apps and games that help, inform, and inspire. We are looking for a highly-motivated and experienced senior production manager to lead the US App Store Editorial Production team. This person will maintain and execute the programming plans of all platforms that adhere to the App Store’s editorial goals, voice, and tone working closely with Design, Marketing, Video, and Product partners. If you’re an experienced production manager with top-notch project management, communication, and collaboration skills and a passion for mobile technology and culture, you’re an ideal candidate. You should be results driven, highly efficient and creative, with the leadership experience to work with multiple internal partners, and an extensive background producing timely world-class content—including text, art, and video— that drives user engagement.
- 8+ years experience managing all stages of a daily digital content production cycle
- 8+ years experience creating and managing project plans for large campaigns from ideation to launch
- 8+ years of related work experience in digital, UX, or creative production
- 5-8 years experience managing teams of 10-20 people
- World-class ability to articulate, present, and collaborate on comprehensive content and production plans with cross-functional teams and senior leadership
- Deep experience with content management systems and tools, and internal and external media asset workflows across copy, art, and video
- Ability to manage timelines and work effectively with cross-functional teams under strict deadlines
- Resourceful, creative, and collaborative
- Deep passion for the Apple brand, Apple products, and mobile technology
The Production Manager is a key partner who sits at the heart of the App Store, working cross-functionally with the Design, Content, Project Management, Business Management, Marketing, and Discovery teams to coordinate and deliver engaging promotions to our customers. The role is responsible for a team of 8-15 producers and promotional art managers who create, articulate, and track deliverables, timelines, dependencies, and launch plans, regularly providing updates to global teams and leadership. Crucial to this role is the aptitude to think globally. The App Store Production Manager works with teams in multiple countries and timezones. This role requires the ability to set the pace and expectations for high-pressure projects with extremely tight deadlines. This role is for someone who has a proven track record of cross-functional teamwork, exercises the highest levels of professionalism and confidentiality, and operates with great skill, passion, urgency, and enthusiasm.