Build and Release Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Apple Pay team is looking for Build and Release Engineers to implement, maintain and constantly improve the build eco-system. To support Apple Pay's rapid growth and expansion this new role will be part of the Infrastructure Engineering team at Apple Pay.
- 6+ years of experience with Linux, UNIX, CoreOS, etc.
- Puppet, Ansible, Salt, Chef… Been there and done that. You know where each are strong and weak.
- Docker, Nomad, Kubernetes, Mesos, Swarm… Yup, you've orchestrated it all.
- The operating system is just one part of the ecosystem. You're well versed in the rest (networking, storage, DBs, etc).
- Prometheus, Nagios, Sensu… observability is imperative to success.
- You know how to set direction and build consensus through vigorous debate.
- Ambiguity doesn't scare you. You see it as an opportunity to define the future.
- You automate things rather than doing them twice.
- You're a hands-on strategist.
- You can lead a project yourself.
- You're an expert in the DevOps space, but don't want to be limited to that space.
- Experience with HashiCorp stack - Nomad, Consul, Vault is a plus.
This is an opportunity for an experienced CI/CD Engineer to architect and implement the future of Apple Pay's infrastructure platform. If you're passionate about delivering Continuous Integration and Deployment at scale into system that enables the experience of millions of customers, this is your kind of role. You'll be embedded in a team of talented engineers that are already focusing on development, quality, performance, reliability, infrastructure, security and compliance.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent practical experience