Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) - MEMS Microphones / Sensor Modules
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. The Component Supplier Quality Team is seeking a Supplier Quality Engineer working on component quality for MEMS microphones and inertial / pressure sensors modules.
- 5 to 10 years of relevant experience with MEMS process, test and product engineering
- Strong knowledge of MEMS microphones including manufacturing technology relevant for fabrication
- Candidate must have deep understanding on product, process and testing.
- Understanding of SPC and other quality system used to monitor factory performance and to ensure no quality escapes
- Knowledge of reliability testing methods for sensors and ICs
- Deep understanding of typical MEMS failure modes and related FA methodology
- Skilled in project management, communication, collaboration, influencing and negotiation
- Good partnership including constant collaboration with multiple functional teams across Apple and suppliers
- Strong background in MEMS process engineering, assembly and test is a requirement
- Close coordination with microphone / sensor module design and reliability teams
- Experience driving failure analysis and 8D reports
- Deep understanding and hands on experience of factory manufacturing process control and quality systems
- Auditing experience is beneficial for the position
- Additional experience with inertial and pressure sensors technology is preferred
- Self-motivated, good communicator and ability to lead
- The job will require 15-20% travel to Asia & Europe depending on projects
The Apple Operation team is looking for a motivated, highly-technical Supplier Quality Engineer focusing on product and process development with excellent problem solving and communication skills. This engineer is a leader that will drive process & quality improvement during NPI, ramp up and mass production. A successful Supplier Quality Engineer is technical, driven, organized, detail oriented, adept at driving actions and resolving issues; and communicates with ease at all levels. In this role you'll work with design, development, operations, quality teams and other areas as necessary to complete projects. Resolve process & quality issues in the product and manufacturing processes. Identify quality gaps among components, module and system and drive them to closure. Review and approve MEMS fab, assembly process and quality control plans. Audit and approve related fab, assembly & test sites for mass production readiness. Ensure suppliers are conforming to Apple quality specs and requirements. Ensure qualification and reliability activities at suppliers are in line with requirements. Routine status reporting to executives and issue escalation when needed.
Education & Experience
MS/BS in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering