System Test Engineer, Cellular Protocol
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Join the Wireless Technologies and Ecosystems (WTE) organization and be part of an outstanding team of engineers, working with multi-functional teams to drive innovation and develop products used by millions worldwide We build and seamlessly integrate technologies that enriches peoples' lives and deliver the best user-experience. Our team is looking for a highly reciprocal individual who can excel in a high-paced environment. Be ready to make something extraordinary when you come here. Multifaceted, encouraging and innovative people who build industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. If you're passionate about building technology that will make a difference, we may have the job for you!
- Hands on experience in Wireless System Testing/Certification/Lab Simulation/Performance
- Hands on experience in developing and validating test cases for mobile devices and cellular technologies (LTE/UMTS/CDMA/VoLTE) using popular test development platforms
- Solid Understanding in 5G NR PHY/MAC, upper layer (RLC, PDCP, TCP/IP) and control plane protocols (RRC, NAS, IMS)
- Strong knowledge of 3GPP specifications and experience in LTE Air Interface, PHY, MAC, RLC, RRC, PDCP and NAS layer
- Shown experience of investigating and resolving cellular device side issues
- Broad spectrum of knowledge to be able to understand end-to-end network system architecture from wireless physical layer all the way up to application end-point.
- Shown ability to independently lead a complete area of technology and drive product quality working with multi-functional teams
- Attention to the smallest details that are significant to customers
- Automation and Scripting skills in Python
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
We expect you to be hands-on relying upon diagnostics, analytics, lab/field experimentations as well as code/architecture review to exploit the opportunities for improvement and work multi-functionally with platform architecture, standardization, firmware/protocol development, system test & carrier engineering teams to drive the improvement proposals and baseband optimizations. Our members enjoy the flexibility to be involved in all aspects of Protocol software to ensure the most robust and customer friendly software. If you are passionate about cellular technologies, then we are looking for you! As part of this team you'll be impacting iPhone user experience in 100+ countries by engaging in continuous process improvements for a well tested and robust software.
Education & Experience
Bachelors/Master Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience