Product Design Engineer - iPhone
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here, at Apple, excellent ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- Minimum 10 years hands on mold making and possess excellent skill in mold fabrication processes in plastic injection mold industries.
- Minimum 5 years in mold design plus exposure to plastic injection molding.
- We expect you have good knowledge in GD&T, Tolerance Analysis, Hot-runner systems and Scientific Molding Technique.
- Familiar with 3D modelling/simulation software such as Pro/E, Unigraphics, Moldflow, Moldex3D or other software packages
- Good knowledge in wide range of materials such as engineering plastic, liquid silicon rubber, thermal plastics, MIM, Ceramic, primer and epoxy
- Possesses strong trouble shooting skills are a must
- Possess good managing skills - Eg. with vendors
- Possess good writing skill, able to conduct presentation, good verbal communication with own peers, multi-functional communication & vendors/suppliers
- Able to work independently and as a team and with good discipline at follow-up and strategizing.
- Frequent travels within the region is a must plus flexibility to change travel plan at short notice.
Review Tool Design and Tooling DFM Lead and participate in the launch of new programs and sustaining programs Work closely with peers, cross function team, vendors and suppliers on related work matters at the quickest time. Eg. New Programs, Decoupled Molding, Scientific Molding approach, Tolerance Analysis, SPC, DOE and Six Sigma techniques Take leading role in driving improvement on development and production. Participate in new material development, new processes development and innovation
Education & Experience
BSc/MSc in Engineering, Tool Making, Polymer Technology or equivalent