Data Program Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. The iPhone Operations team is seeking a Data Program Manager to take on the responsibility of improving superior quality and manufacturing goals through statistics, analytics, modeling, and business intelligence tools.
- Minimum 5-7 years of project management experience in highly technical field
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of emerging concepts like machine learning and predictive analytics (Deep Learning, Python, R, Neural Networks, applied Data Science) a strong plus
- Strong Excel skills, including pivots, vlookups, conditional formatting, large record sets
- Familiarity with databases, large data sets, reporting Tableau and SQL a plus.
- Proven relationship building and ability to effectively influence peers and management
- Self-starter and able to seek out new problems then develop and implement solutions
- A strong sense of ownership
- General operations knowledge, good judgment on what is meaningful and what is not
- Able to develop and present complex problems in a simple way
- Ability to quickly switch between details and the big picture
- Ability to work under pressure and with tight timelines
- You have strong and effective written and verbal communication skills and you can tailor your message to your audience
- International travel 10-15% and work hour flexibility required in this dynamic, global position.
- Able to work independently when managing multiple priorities in an unstructured, global and virtual environment is essential.
- Highly desirable to have high tech manufacturing, Supply Chain Management, NPI or Manufacturing Operations related education / experience (but not required)
iPhone Product Operations group is looking to add a Data Program Manager to support data systems, automation, machine learning, tools that enhance manufacturing of Apple's products. This team is made up of creative innovators and problem solvers who tackle unique challenges to ideate, create POCs and deliver new solutions in the data space. It takes deeply dedicated, intelligent and hard-working individuals to maintain and exceed the high expectations for the exciting iPhone brand and other products at Apple. The Product Operations Data Team is looking for an extraordinary Program manager to join our team. You will craft, design and implement our machine learning strategy to the massive iPhone supply chain and help build the future of our manufacturing systems. Do you love using your creative left brain and structured, tactical right brain to drive projects to build systems, innovate with ML/analytics, and find operations efficiencies? KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: - Lead the ideation, prototyping, and business justification/validation of solutions for Product Ops - Work closely with engineering teams on technical development and deployment of high-quality solutions - Lead the definition and execution of scalable solutions to support core internal customer needs and to improve process efficiencies - Process re-engineering or build out enhancements - Identify inefficient process and help enable better decisions leveraging data, AI, Machine Learning or all 3 together - Prototype solutions before providing recommendations on directions. e.g. create dashboard mock-ups before investing in development effort - Program management of machine learning initiatives - scoping, prioritization, resourcing, and implementation - Comfortable and flexible in serving both supporting and leadership roles for various projects
Education & Experience
- BS Degree or equivalent degree + experience, MBA is considered a plus. Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.