Technical Theatrical Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
We want the World to be a better place! Join our team and imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. You bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple's worldwide corporate communications and events team informs the world about Apple, our innovative products and services, and the values that drive our company. The team includes professionals with backgrounds in public relations strategy, journalism, buzz marketing and event production. We’re looking for inventive, collaborative professionals from a variety of creative fields. We're seeking a Technical Theatrical Manager with experience leading a technical team of specialists in audio, lighting, rigging, projections and video in a fast paced, multidisciplinary artistic environment. You will partner with these individuals to run productions and inform on the technical specifications, costs and usage of technical equipment required for events in the theater. If that’s you, then your next home may be here. Come and do the best and most exciting work of your career at Apple!
- 7+ years validated experience developing technical budgets in a production / film / theater environment.
- Prior experience leading subject matter authorities in audio, lighting, rigging, projections and video, including conducting meetings and communications with partners and relevant teams.
- 7+ years of direct management experience of theatrical technical teams in a fast-paced, multidisciplinary artistic environment.
- Possess a deep understanding of compliance, with relevant policies, procedures, and codes of safety.
- Contemporary knowledge of construction and set design, lighting design, audio and sound reinforcement, professional standards of stage safety.
- Current with technical theater trends and technological innovations.
- Knowledge of theatrical systems technology, such as LED, moving light and intelligent light operation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate with global partners and navigate within a corporate structure.
- Ability to serve as a liaison between the project teams and senior executives.
- Thrive in collaborative and results-oriented environments centered within values of partnership, innovation, and diversity and inclusion.
In collaboration with subject matter leads in lighting, audio, video, rigging, projections, and communications equipment, lead and safeguard the technical assets of the SJT. Determine technical requirements, such as lighting, sound, staging, rigging, and special needs, necessary for all scheduled events in alignment with technical budget. In collaboration with SJT technical subject matter leads and SJT production team, schedules sand conducts all sound, lighting, video, rigging, and communication checks. Partner with guest designers with technical subject matter authorities. Advise production managers, lighting and sound designers, as well as rigging experts on the technical specifications, costs and usage of technical equipment required for the individual show, and supervises the implementations of approved technical designs. Assists in recruiting, training and/or assignment of contracted workers and vendors. Orients all internal and external partners on technical standards of excellence for SJT. Monitors the condition of equipment including lighting, sound, video and rigging equipment. Assists with the preparation of production budgets; maintains inventory and orders specialized supplies. Attends production meetings and technical rehearsals in order to supervise and assist in the technical aspects of mounting the event. Consults with and makes recommendations to the Director regarding technical aspects of SJT and their technical capacities and recommends capital purchases of technical equipment and necessary upgrades and/or maintenance in collaboration with technical subject matters leads. Consults on all capital projects that involve the technical aspects of the theater. Setting and implementing safe-use guidelines for equipment in collaboration with technical subject matter leads. Routinely scheduling preventative maintenance on all technical equipment in collaboration with key SJT partners and technical subject-matter leads. Assist with off-site events as needed.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree preferred