Software QA Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Join the Wireless Technologies and Ecosystems (WTE) team and be part of a best-in-class team of engineers, working with multi-functional teams to drive innovation and develop products used by millions worldwide! We are looking for a highly reciprocal individual who can excel in a high-paced environment. Be ready to make something extraordinary when you come here. Dynamic, encouraging people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with our products and services. The same real passion for innovation also applies to our business practices - strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. You should join Apple if you want to help deliver the next amazing Apple product.
- Bachelor degree in Electrical or Telecommunications Engineering or Computer Science.
- At least 10 years of work experience in the wireless and telecoms industry.
- Deep understanding of analysis methods on Wireless systems and developing test methodology for wireless features and functions.
- Deep knowledge understanding of wireless communications systems and standards, including WCDMA, LTE (FDD/TDD) and 5G (NR).
- Deep knowledge of cellular SW components: Modem SW, telephony and internet protocols.
- In depth experience (higher than 8 years) in analyzing logs, troubleshooting issues in respect to e2e.
- Good understanding of system development and verification testing methods and concepts for wireless device.
- Experience working with test equipment vendors
- Experience working with embedded systems and software, particularly mobile chipsets or base station chipsets.
- Experience with scripting and automation, for testing of mobile devices.
Apple’s Wireless Technologies and Ecosystems product software team is seeking a talented, highly motivated and disciplined engineer to develop new testing methodologies and establish division-wide standards for use. On thes job you will develop expertise in new domains and establish test methodology and develop test concepts to enable delivery of world class quality. You will work on problem solving and evaluate solutions in different layers of the SW stack taking into account their completeness and impact to the system. As part of this team you have a very immediate impact on the user experience of Apple’s wireless devices worldwide.
Education & Experience
Bachelors in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent