SoC Hardware Architect (m/f/d)
Munich, Bavaria-Bayern, Germany
Do you love crafting elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Do you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? As part of our Silicon Technologies group, you’ll help design and manufacture our next-generation, high-performance, power-efficient wireless system-on-chip (SoC). You’ll ensure Apple products and services can seamlessly and deftly handle the tasks that make them beloved by millions. Joining this group means you’ll be responsible for crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple’s devices. Together, you and your team will enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices.
- Solid experience in SoC hardware architecture definition and implementation targeting power efficient high data rate wireless communication systems.
- In depth knowledge on analysing and mapping system requirements onto hardware architecture supported by performance analysis.
- Proven expertise in hardware definition and implementation of CPU systems, connectivity, memories and peripherals.
- Experience in SoC development concepts like boot, DVFS, rail control, power control and clock generation.
- Driven cross functional topics across diverse teams.
Key responsibility of this role is to lead the hardware micro architecture definition and implementation of SoCs for state-of-the-art wireless products. Close collaboration with the system and design teams in understanding the system requirements and identifying the solution space considering complexity, HW/SW split and effort. Study the implications of performance requirements and architect hardware that meets the requirements and power/area targets. Deliver hardware micro architecture design specifications and verification objectives. Work closely with architects and digital designers for implementation and other design activities. End2end responsibility from concept through product including close support for pre-silicon and post-silicon bring up activities.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or computer science is required. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.