App Store Product Marketing Manager, International Search and Discovery
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
App Store is the world's largest and most innovative software store, serving more than half a million customers every week in 175 countries. We created the store with two goals in mind: that it be a safe and trusted place for customers to discover and download apps, and a great business opportunity for all developers. Today, apps have transformed the ways we learn, work, travel, have fun, and pursue our passions, and we believe we’re just getting started. As the Product Marketing Manager for International Search and Discovery, you’ll be in charge of driving the product objectives and roadmap for one of the App Store's core areas. You will work with the international team to coordinate and organize worldwide product objectives and have an immediate impact on billions of users. Ideal candidates will have international consumer product experience and the ability to effectively communicate and drive regional, social, cultural, and market-driven requirements for the product.
- 3+ years of experience in a software development organization, and at least 2 years in product management in which you managed complex software projects that cut across multiple partners and organizations
- Be an advocate for great user experience in Search and Discovery (any international consumer experience is a bonus)
- Create a compelling vision for the next generation Search systems in collaboration with designers, data scientists, and engineers
- Strong technical abilities, with data science or machine learning experience.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; thrives in highly collaborative projects, effective at building consensus, handles decisions with ease, while navigating ambiguity
- Strong analytical skills, ability to identify key opportunities and measure impact; track record of working with machine learning specialists to define and assess performance metrics required
Responsible for defining, delivering, marketing, and measuring world-class search and discovery experiences on the App Store across iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple Watch, and Apple TV. Prepare and manage product requirements for international markets from conception to launch. Research and better understand local user difficulties and help direct the rest of the organization towards finding suitable solutions for users worldwide. Balance input from a wide variety of internal partners with potentially competing priorities and timelines. Work with Engineering, Design, Program Managers, and Marketing teams to plan, build, and launch high-quality product experiences. Understand and lead analyses of the competitive environment, customers, and product metrics to determine the right set of features to drive engagement and usage. A strong understanding of technology, the process of software engineering, and UI design are necessary. Ability to convey complex ideas clearly to all levels of the organization. Drives and participates in user-experience research to identify obstacles, improve ease-of-use and customer satisfaction
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience