Product Operations Manager, App Store
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
We’ve all found apps we love and apps that have changed our lives. Apps transform the ways we learn, work, travel, have fun, and pursue our passions. In 2008, the App Store launched with 500 apps. Now there are more than two million. And so our team challenged ourselves: How can we offer more perspective and insight? How do we showcase the work of creative developers? How can we make the App Store a place our hundreds of millions of customers will want to visit every single day? We’re hiring people who want to help make that happen. We are seeking a dedicated and passionate individual to join the App Store Business Operations team. You focus on opportunities to optimize global business operations of the App Store and Apple Arcade. You will lead cross-functional projects to scale operations for existing products as well as designing the operations for new product features. You will work directly with product management and engineering teams and will be responsible for driving alignment across internal business teams and ensuring flawless feature launches.
- 4+ years of experience in product operations, product management business operations or consulting
- Experience at a high-growth technology firm; Digital Media/ Mobile Gaming industry experience preferred
- Experience in developing use cases for complex products and analyzing data to drive new processes
- Experience building strong partnerships with product and engineering team and working with cross functional global teams across all levels of the organization
- Proven project management skills; Experience leading global project launches preferred
- Knowledge of the iOS, macOS and App Store ecosystems preferred
- Python and Tableau experience a plus
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), relationship management skills, and the ability to understand and resolve complex business issues
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and independently
- Willingness to adapt in a highly demanding, collaborative and fast-paced environment with rapidly changing direction and new challenges
- Work with cross functional global teams and senior management to support the development of business process and technology roadmaps in alignment with long term divisional strategies - Identify and define business and operational use cases and edge-cases, as part of the product planning and development processes - Ensure cross-functional business partners are aware and aligned on the key objectives of the product feature and its roll-out - Develop new processes in support of launching and sustaining product features and ensure business teams are ready with the resources and information required to support new products (training, playbooks, process documentation, resolution paths, FAQs, etc) - Develop requirements and work closely with engineering teams, to build and deploy tools and systems to support new product features - Analyze current state operations, and propose workflows and tool solutions that drive improvements to the organization - Plan and drive global product launches, in partnership with cross-functional business teams, product management and engineering - Work with business teams to gather and triage product-related challenges, and feature enhancements, to be considered by product and engineering, for future development.
Education & Experience
Undergraduate degree in Business, Operations, Information Systems, Computer Science, or equivalent experience preferred; Advanced degree a plus