Global Supply Manager- Supplier Diversity
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Global Supply Managers (GSMs) in supplier diversity engage within all areas of Apple. We participate in the commercial relationships, strategic deals, cost negotiations, help ensure continuity of supply and risk management to drive operational and cost efficiencies through process or design change. GSMs sit at the intersection of Apple's business activities and procurement communities, and effectively balance the needs of both groups to ensure successful product launches and the best utilization of the top available diverse suppliers. GSMs in Supplier Diversity are the face of Apple’s globally recognized supplier diversity. Launched in 1993, the Global Supplier Diversity team helps qualified certified diverse- owned companies do business with Apple. Our vision is to use the power and scale of our platforms and services to transform the way diverse suppliers connect to customers, each other, and to the tools and resources to grow!
- 5+ years of experience in supply chain development and sourcing
- Top-notch analytical/negotiation skills
- Ability to toggle between strategic and detail orientated thinking
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills to resolve issues strategically
- Excellent communication skills,
- Demonstrated capability of working in multinational environments, driven and motivated by accomplishing extraordinary objectives
- Knowledge of legal, financial and technology components of Strategic Sourcing
- Experience breaking down cost models and identifying key drivers
- Experience building successful relationships with business partners, cross- functional groups, and vendors to drive accountability and optimizing performance
- Experience in inspiring change and improving end-to-end processes
- Experience flourishing in an environment of fast growth and ambiguity
- Strong proficiency in Excel, Keynote, Pages, Numbers, etc.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally 25%
Successful GSMs thrive in a rapidly changing environment and constantly drive excellence across their own responsibilities as well as that of team members and partners. They frequently leverage strategic internal relationships to effectively collaborate with procurement, engineering, operations and other cross functional teams. We have to make smart decisions with sometimes limited information, stay focused under pressure, and communicate concisely and effectively with senior management. GSMs identify and scale new and existing supplier partners as well as executing creative and strategic commercial deals to achieve Apple goals around cost, supply, quality and diversity and inclusion. This is a unique opportunity for a professional with a passion for creating economic opportunity to work with a wide variety of internal teams and directly contribute to achieving this important and high-profile goal!
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain, Finance, Management or related field. MBA preferred
- • Develop and implement strategies to support business stakeholders in achieving diverse supplier spend goals with a data informed, sourcing supported approach
- • Identify, develop, and deploy industry-leading supplier management, procurement, and category management practices
- • Maintain current and comprehensive knowledge of best-in-class diverse suppliers that will be project-competitive in key categories
- • Lead end-to-end Sourcing projects (including planning, execution, measurement, and optimization of projects). Actively identify and track any issues and risks for the projects
- • Lead the contract negotiation process with internal partners and suppliers
- • RFx Services: Own the interface and lead engagement with suppliers for all RFI, RFP, and RFQ activities
- • Present RFx results and bid leveling, lead the evaluation process of bid award with evaluation team, and drive the closure of a Sourcing decision. Officially close the process with all recognized bidders
- • Establish strong collaborative relationships with Global Supply Managers, OPD, Manufacturing & Design, Logistics, Procurement Business Operations, Supplier Responsibility, Environmental and Social Initiatives, Government Affairs, Inclusion and Diversity, Sales and Strategic Deals.