Software QA Engineer / QA Automation (Apps/OS)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
We are looking for an experienced Quality Assurance Engineer with a strong automation background to work collaboratively testing our world class native macOS, iOS, and Web based instructional products and applications. Join the enterprising team responsible for the apps and interfaces that deliver help and dynamic user assistance on macOS, iOS, and watchOS. Our team develops the intelligent content delivery software that enables Apple customers to learn about and make the most of the software and devices they own. Our team works closely with the Core OS, system applications, and Central QA teams to improve the discoverability and quality of the features they create.
- Thorough understanding of the application development life-cycle, CI/CD, and automated QA processes in an agile development environment.
- Experience with Apple hardware and native macOS and iOS software QA processes.
- Experience with regression, ad hoc, functional, user interface, and integration testing.
- Experience with Continuous Integration systems like Jenkins, BuildBot, Travis CI, or similar.
- Proven coding capabilities with object-oriented scripting languages like Python or similar.
- Five or more recent years of professional work experience in software QA.
- At least 3+ years QA automation experience.
- Proven ability to deliver high-quality work on tight schedules.
- Ready to work in a fast-paced environment with frequent context switching.
- Be self-motivated, proactive, and highly collaborative.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
As a Quality Assurance Engineer in the Instructional Products engineering team, you will be responsible for testing the currently shipping and newly developed features, interfaces, and applications used to deliver instructional content to Apple's end users. In this position, you will work closely with Apple's world class software engineers, instructional designers, graphic designers, and localizations teams. You will be responsible for: - Providing quality-assurance testing for the software delivering instructional content in native macOS, iOS, and other operating systems. - Creating systematic test plans and test scripts from functional specifications, managing test data, and assembling test cases. - Using bug-tracking software to report issues, and maintain records of reported and resolved issues. - Providing managers and project managers with timely and accurate QA status and progress during project testing phases, including summarizing QA results at project conclusion
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience not required but helpful:
- - XCTest and XCUITest
- - Objective-C, Swift, and/or C/C++ coding
- - HTML, XML, CSS, JS coding