AI/ML- iOS Engineer, Information Intelligence
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
The Siri team is looking for engineers to define and architect our on-device search technologies. As part of this group, you'll work with our machine learning, computer vision, and natural language processing teams, tailoring their work to run efficiently across Apple's range of products, and build partnerships across Apple in order to deliver great user experiences underpinned by modular, thoughtfully designed software.
- 5+ years of iOS / macOS application development with Objective-C, Swift, and / or C++
- Prior experience of developing frameworks and designing application programming interfaces
- A passion for developing well-architected and modular software
- Software optimization experience accompanied by knowledge of profiling tools and techniques
- You are comfortable working cross-functionally and can communicate complex ideas clearly
- Knowledge of computer vision / machine learning fundamentals a plus
In this role, you'll be working to define and implement the architecture of Apple's groundbreaking search technology across our entire range of products. You'll work closely with multiple teams across the organisation, building durable and reusable technologies written with efficiency in mind. You'll additionally be responsible not only for delivering the latest advances in search to our users, from text to media, but also safeguarding their privacy by leveraging the unique features of Apple devices. Successful candidates must be passionate about software architecture and system design, caring not only about user experience but also the tradeoffs and optimizations required to deliver great mobile experiences. Performance analysis and evangelism is a key part of this position, and you'll be expected to work cross-functionally with our computer vision, natural language processing, and machine learning teams to tailor their technologies for each and every Apple platform and operating system.
Education & Experience
MS or Ph.D in Computer Science, Machine Learning or related field