Global EHS Compliance Assurance Program Lead
Austin, Texas, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The EHS team at Apple is growing and we need energetic, dedicated and flexible professionals to join a dynamic team committed to protecting the environment, health, and safety of our employees, customers and the global communities where we operate, while supporting our stakeholders in their mission to develop amazing products! Apple is looking for a collaborative, highly organized professional to build and provide leadership for our evolving Global Compliance Assurance program, supporting our Corporate & Retail functions. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of the opportunities and challenges of compliance management approaches applied locally and globally. A demonstrated ability to effectively interact at all levels including influencing senior management is essential.
- 15+ years of EHS experience - preferably in multi-national companies.
- 10+ years experience in implementing and improving global compliance assurance programs - preferably in multi-national companies.
- Highly self motivated and self managing
- A people-oriented leadership through influence style that thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic workplace
- A proactive, assertive, sense of urgency to problem solving
- Ability to manage multiple high priority projects simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Evolve, develop and drive the global implementation of Apple’s EHS Global Compliance Assurance Program which provides EHS leads with the processes and tools to deliver compliance, demonstrate it and provide transparency to leadership about our compliance status. - Partner with all EHS team members to understand their needs, coach them on compliance assurance strategies and act on feedback on the effectiveness and efficiency of solutions. - Lead the EHS input into a cross functional team tasked with identifying and delivering a global software solution to support the global compliance program. - Partner with Apple EHS legal counsel - Identify and partner with vendors who can support Apple’s Global Compliance Program. - Adept with rapidly transitioning between compliance management strategy and detailed review of regulatory citations. - Support new store and new country opening teams with new jurisdiction regulatory requirement reviews. - Develop and sustain the metrics, reports and dashboards required to support the global compliance program at the local level and for leadership. - Communicate effectively to all levels, the progress and trends towards achieving excellence in EHS compliance assurance - Lead the development of and own the Global EHS Compliance Management Standard. - Support the development of the compliance management elements of EHS standards and local programs.
Education & Experience
- Law degree highly desired
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.