Health Data Systems Quality Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Be part of the engineering team responsible for delivering next-generation health related technologies. We are looking for engaging and talented individuals to help ensure robustness and stability of large scale data processing pipelines. In this technically challenging role you will work together with data science, data engineering and quality assurance teams to build stable and high performance testing, monitoring and analytical services for scalable data platforms.
- Strong software development skills, with high proficiency in relevant languages such as Python and Scala.
- Experience with Spark and/or Hadoop MapReduce
- Experience with REST APIs
- Experience with infrastructure test automation
- Exposure to web frameworks such as Django, Flask
- Familiarity with cloud-based infrastructure such as AWS and Docker
- Practical experience with SQL and NoSQL databases (MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase, etc)
- Quality driven, detail oriented, with excellent interpersonal skills
This role is essential to enabling Health Algorithms research by ensuring high quality of data at large scale. You will be collaborating with multi-functional teams such as the data engineering, data science and QE teams to test, validate and monitor data platforms and the data flowing through them. To do that, you will need to design, develop and maintain/own software services and frameworks. Your work will have direct and essential impact to future Apple products. Core responsibilities: Design, own and maintain scalable and robust frameworks, services and tools for testing, monitoring of infrastructure and analysis of data Provide feedback and reporting on services status of monitored services and inform partnering teams of issues or progress Creative effort to scale up said services while maintaining quality of data
Education & Experience
Bachelor or Master degree in computer science, 3+ years of programming experience