Video Image Quality Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
We are the Video Engineering Image Quality team who work on video quality testing for iPhone, iPad, and Mac. Our team is looking for a Video Quality Engineer to test, evaluate, and analyze features for Apple's world famous products. You will work closely with multi-functional teams who are passionate about developing video quality testing technologies. You will have the chance to do hands-on IQ testing work that will have a strong impact on our products.
- Understanding of the camera system, including CMOS image sensor, camera optics, and ISP pipeline.
- Solid understanding of image quality metrics and evaluation methodology for SDR and HDR videos
- Strong knowledge of video technology
- Strong testing logic and ability to write good reports
- Photography skills and attention to detail is a must
- 40% ~ 80% of your time will be spent on real world test, ~20% of your time will be on lab test
- UNDERSTANDING DISPLAY TECHNOLOGY PREFERRED
- MATLAB/PYTHON SKILLS FOR DATA ANALYSIS PREFERRED
- UNDERSTANDING OF COMPUTER VISION/VIDEO PROCESSING PREFERRED
Developing and performing lab/real world SW algorithm testing for camera evaluation Analyze, reproduce, and isolate image and video issues in the field Product benchmark Study Follow development cycle and track bug reports, delivering executive level presentations of results
Education & Experience
MS/PhD in Electrical Engineering, Color Science, Photo Science, or Computer Science