AI/ML - Realtime Domains Backend Engineer, Information Intelligence
Seattle, Washington, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Siri Search helps hundreds of millions of people find the information they're looking for, and a key part of that mission is helping them get the latest weather, sports, flights and stocks information. These realtime domains will help Siri users to get the latest weather information, ask for the latest score of their favorite game, look for the arrival time of a friend's flight and check the latest stock market prices. Whether they're asking Siri for the score of the Seahawks game, looking up the stock prices in Spotlight, or getting the latest weather information in Safari, users rely on us for quick and easy updates on these domains. As a member of our dynamic group, you’ll have the rare and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products from Apple. We are looking for people with experience in building rich search experience powered by sophisticated, high-performance data ingestion pipelines. The Siri Search team is bringing together domain experts from a diverse array of fields such as machine learning, distributed systems, natural language processing, user interface, and software engineering to contribute to our vision of search.
- 2+ years of experience writing high-performance server software on Linux/Unix
- Deliver innovative new products to our users, and can design and build the systems to support them.
- Proficient in two of following languages: C/C++, Go, Python, Java, Scala
- Experience with RESTful services and supporting production environments
- We partner with a variety of cross functional teams across the company. Need excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate effectively
- Familiar with the data structure or APIs related to one of these domains: weather, sports, flights, stocks
- Experience with Hadoop and extensive experience w/ SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with data transformation pipelines
- Have worked with large scale search and machine learning systems
Apple's Siri team is seeking a Software Engineer who will play a central role in developing search features for realtime domains including weather, sports, flights and stocks including developing and managing the realtime data ingestion pipelines and machine learning algorithms we use to power our results to the finest details in our final UI. As a member of our fast-paced group, you’ll have the unique and rewarding opportunity to shape upcoming products from Apple. We are looking for people with experience in creating rich user interfaces powered by sophisticated, high performance backend systems. The position has the following responsibilities: - Architect & develop end to end systems to drive new capabilities in the realtime domains. You will be responsible for the entire backend stack, from data ingestion and processing to query performance and product design - Collaborate with teams across Apple to ensure features are fully integrated across different platforms - Work closely with operations and project management teams
Education & Experience
MS Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, or equivalent work experience