Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Marcom is Apple’s Global Marketing Communications group. We oversee all of Apple’s advertising and marketing to ensure the flawless development and execution of world-class communications. Our busy environment calls for team members that are engaged, dedicated and hardworking. This role requires a highly skilled and tenured producer with a consistent record leading the creative development process and helping teams create meticulously crafted product imagery in a variety of complex materials.
- A consistent track record of working with creative Computer Graphic (CG) methodologies across a variety of tools, including Maya, Nuke, After
- Expertise with 3D digital workflows as they relate to 2D stills image creation, 3D Asset creation, and CG animation.
- A curiosity and passion for building new processes and structures to support the creative process.
- An eye for opportunities to bring new efficiencies and optimization of day-to-day workflows, specifically when it comes to deliverables across multiple teams.
- A natural ability, creative eye, and aesthetic to be able to creatively evaluate, judge and influence CG artists and print vendors’ work with little creative oversight.
- An ability to develop strategic relationships with key external stakeholders as it relates to understanding product development, and be able to speak knowledgeably to its representation in Marketing materials.
- An ability to partner effectively with Marcom cross-functional teams to ensure all product imagery follows Senior Art Director and Brand guidelines.
- The skills to learn and cope with rapid change and ambiguity, be able to move forward without knowing all the pieces, all while maintaining a superb attention to detail.
- A firm understanding of the creative process and the nuances of imagery creation so as to accurately evaluate timelines as scoped by internal and external partners. Be able prioritize and met deadlines while juggling many projects at once.
- Strong communication - written, presentation and social skills. The ability to build rapport, credibility and collaborate well with different roles and levels across an organization.
- A sense of humor, and solid self-awareness. You don’t take yourself too seriously, and are able to bring levity to daily challenges that keeps the team motivated and feeling supported and strong.
Lead planning, kickoff, production and delivery of hundreds of hardware images across the year. Lead the briefing, creation and timely delivery of such imagery to functional teams. Actively work with the Hardware Art Director (HWAD) to create and develop best creative practice and standards for your product category. Lead production across multiple vendors to ensure budgetary, creative and delivery targets for all projects are met. Maintain relationships with Industrial Design (ID) and Product Design (PD) to validate imagery, schedule reviews, confirm product info, and acquire reference prototypes and material samples. Set up and lead Marcom internal creative reviews from initial concept development through creation. Coordinate and chair meetings with ID to review and approve creative product imagery. Have the ability to weigh in on the artistic merit of the product imagery, with production schedule and deadlines in mind. Be the critical partner with the HWAD to assess and highlight artistic issues during production. Support the HWAD, helping them prepare for kickoffs, handoffs, reviews, and deliveries. Sync priorities and timelines across Packaging, Print, Lifestyle, Design, Brand, Advertising, and Interactive partners. Proactively collate and share information with key Marcom stakeholders, ensuring confidentiality and accuracy. Represent your product category as the go-to, source of truth, point of contact for hardware imagery across platforms.