Lead Theater Producer, Steve Jobs Theater
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
We want the World to be a better place! Join our team and imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. You bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple's worldwide corporate communications and events team informs the world about Apple, our innovative products and services, and the values that drive our company. The team includes professionals with backgrounds in public relations strategy, journalism, buzz marketing and event production. We’re looking for inventive, collaborative professionals from a variety of creative fields. We’re seeking a Lead Theater Producer who also has experience in broadcast to join the technical and production teams supporting the Steven Jobs Theater. You will partner with these teams to produce all aspects of the events held at the theater from strategic planning, pre-production, rehearsals, tech-run throughs, and execution. You’ll also assume active responsibility for the annual production budget, flow and discipline of schedules, content reviews, rehearsals, and show production. If this sounds like you, then your next home may be here. Come and do the best and most exciting work of your career at Apple!
- 7+ years agency or in-house experience as a producer in a theatrical production environment.
- A proven passion for how audiences consume and experience live and virtual events.
- 5+ years professional experience leading all production aspects of line schedules, including conducting meetings and communications with cross functional partners.
- Validated skills creating an annual production budget, establishing production schedules, and production management expertise.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, along with the ability to communicate with global partners while navigating within a corporate structure.
- Ability to liaison between the project teams and senior management, while learning and reacting quickly to new information.
- Extensive experience ensuring compliance with relevant policies, procedures, and codes of safety.
- Comfort with tight-schedules, ambiguity in rapidly-evolving production environment.
- Thrive in collaborative and results-oriented environments centered within values of partnership, innovation, and diversity and inclusion.
Produce all aspects of the events held at Steve Jobs Theater from strategic planning, pre-production, rehearsals and execution. Drive a process for budget accountability and management to ensure delivery of excellent events with full transparency. This includes working daily with Apple finance, procurement and operations. Build and update event documentation including event show schedules, health and safety procedures, staff briefing packs, and on-site management plans. Assume active responsibility for the flow and discipline of schedules, content reviews, rehearsals, and show production. Schedule and lead all production and staff meetings. Ensure all vendors are adhering to Apple’s procurement policies and maintain the highest degrees of confidentiality and security. Develop and actively lead vendor/freelance relationships to ensure the best available talent and pricing, including supporting producing staff. Hold all events to Apple’s high creative standards and collaborate with appropriate resources to ensure events meet Apple’s level of detail and design. Lead critical information flow to all internal partners in a timely manner. Ensure adherence to standard methodologies and communicate expectations to all contributors. Work closely with content development team on conceptualization of content from pre-production through show and post production. Connect with engineering and leadership management on technical issues as required. Responsible for the run-of-show and call-sheets for all productions while ensuring updates are efficiently and clearly communicated to partners. Assist with off-site events as needed.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree preferred.