Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Play a part in producing Apple products for millions of customers around the world. We are seeking a smart and creative data engineer to join the Business Solutions team to design and develop state of the art data systems for Apple's global Supply Chain & Operations teams.
- Experience tracking and measuring data quality for usage analytics, manufacturing, scientific research, or similar
- Excellent programming skills in Python and/or Scala
- Have solid understanding of both relational and NoSQL database technologies
- Experience in designing and building data models to improve accessibility, efficiency, and quality
- of data
- Solid understanding of fundamental Computer Science concepts
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well with all levels of engineers by listening,
- communicating clearly, and actively sharing knowledge
- ML model deployment, serving, and performance monitoring
- Experience building scalable data pipelines using Spark, Kafka, etc. preferred but not required 3+ years of technical industry experience
The ideal candidate will have outstanding communication skills, proven data infrastructure design and implementation capabilities, strong business acumen, and an innate drive to deliver results. They will be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, and will enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment. Key Responsibilities: • Building a high-quality BI and Data Warehousing framework, implementing and operating data pipelines with an understanding of ML lifecycles • Driving development of data products in collaboration with data scientists and analysts • Reviewing and interpreting business requirements and translating them into data models for catering ad-hoc reporting capabilities. • Deploying inclusive data quality checks to ensure high quality of data. • Productionizing machine learning modules and provide capability to do data science at scale. • Possessing thorough knowledge of macOS and iOS is helpful.
Education & Experience
• BS degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent professional experience.