IoT Security Embedded Software Engineer, Information Security
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
This position can be located in Santa Clara Valley (CA), San Francisco (CA), Seattle (WA), Austin (TX), or Boulder (CO). Apple Information Security is responsible for protecting Apple’s data in transit and at rest. Apple employees and partners are always moving information from one system to another, or storing it on a server or device. Our job is to make sure Apple's information doesn't fall into the wrong hands. We are looking for a self-motivated individual with an intuition for security who is not afraid to question assumptions. The ability to be results-driven and comfortable with dynamic requirements, as well as having excellent interpersonal and time management skills, are keys to success in this position. As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with multi-functional partners both internal and external to Apple to build innovative security products. You will support firmware and operating system level debugging, bring-up, and development for embedded systems supporting Internet of Things (IoT) security. You will be challenged to provide forward-thinking solutions to problems and to be a good teammate under deadline constraints. This is a rare opportunity to be involved in something new from the beginning. Show us your talent in this challenging, fun, and exciting environment. It’s what makes us Apple.
- 3+ years of system architecture development, including driver and firmware development
- Experience with at least one peripheral protocol; e.g. I2C/SMBus, UART, SPI, serial, etc.
- Excellent Objective-C, C, C++ and Swift (or similar language) skills
- Understanding of operating system fundamentals
- Ability to comprehend hardware specs and schematics
- Experience with hardware and/or software development lifecycle processes
- Understanding of the latest configuration management technologies, security issues, and protocols
- Working knowledge of network security and applied cryptography
- Ability to transition seamlessly to new technologies/frameworks
- Ability to develop new and innovative applications as well as maintaining existing code
- Ability to thrive in a self-directed, fast-paced environment, that is highly collaborative and multi-functional
- Ability to organize & communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with technical and non-technical people across functional teams
- Ability to build and maintain strong internal and external collaborative relationships
As an Engineer in Apple Information Security, you will: - Be designing, developing and deploying large scale services and platforms. - Deliver solutions in routing, switching, and wireless technologies to support our diverse and fast paced environments focusing on zero-trust networks. - Support, tune, and perfect Apple’s information security products for resiliency in hostile environments. - Contribute to the vision for what you are building for our internal customers. - Be a teammate, a leader, a student, and a mentor. - Be eager to learn new technologies and solutions. - Be curious about how systems work and how they fail, design them to be sustainable in the face of failures. - Be challenged to work under pressure and with ambiguity. - Be adept at shifting directions and priorities. - Have some cool war stories to tell from your past experience. - Cultivate your network by meeting new colleagues from across the business. - Believe in automation and tooling as a critical part of the software lifecycle. - Love measuring and learning about all things so we can make the right decisions.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience/skills