Biomedical R&D Studies Co-Op Intern
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Are you ready to apply your educational experience to real-world problems? If you know how to handle pressure and timelines, work well on a team, and have an eye to the future - we're looking for you. At Apple, we make great products that empower people to improve their health. The Health Technologies Team conceives and proves out exciting new technologies for Apple’s future products and features. We are seeking a highly motivated Biomedical R&D Studies intern to join a cross-functional team to help drive the feasibility of health and wellness sensors, systems, and applications. You will become part of a hands-on design and development engineering team that fosters engineering excellence and innovation. Join us to design and develop category-defining features that represent the groundbreaking edge of innovation in the emerging and dynamic consumer health field.
- Medical, health, wellness, and/or fitness sensors, systems, and applications.
- Design and execution of human user studies involving physiological measurement devices.
- Troubleshooting and debugging prototype hardware or software.
- Physiological data acquisition, data logging, and data analysis.
- MATLAB or Python
Key responsibilities include: - Design and execute human user studies for providing reliable and revealing data to evaluate the feasibility of health, wellness, and fitness sensors, systems, and applications. - Develop and refine processes that streamline user study data collection process and improve the user study experience for participants.
Education & Experience
Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or about to begin a graduate program: Biomedical Engineering, or other closely related disciplines.
- As a Biomedical R&D Studies Intern, you will:
- - Be available for a 6-12 month full-time Co-op / Internship
- - Thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- - Be highly organized, able to multitask, and show attention to detail.
- - Be an excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
- - Have a proven ability to work as a key member of a team.
- - Employ strong analytical and problem-solving skills.