Sr. Art Director, Design
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Marcom is Apple’s Global Marketing Communications group. We lead all aspects of Apple’s advertising and marketing to ensure impeccable development and implementation of best-in-class communications. As the Senior Art Director, Design, you will be responsible for crafting innovative and compelling design solutions for core communications—including product launches and seasonal campaigns—across Retail, Channel, Packaging, Keynote, and Events. This requires broad experience in developing creative solutions in a variety of mediums. You'll be joining a team where we conceive, design, and lead the development of high-quality creative work that pushes the Apple brand forward.
- 7 to 10 years of relevant (preferably design firm or agency) experience.
- You have experience in graphic design, art direction, advertising, marketing, corporate identity, branding, and new media communication.
- Excellent design and conceptual skills accompanied by the ability to guide and evaluate, and if necessary, redirect creative development.
- You are naturally curious and passionate about design — with a keen awareness of the evolving landscape of available tools, technologies, resources, and trends.
- You are a motivated and driven art director that collaborates well with a team to find simple solutions to complex problems.
- You are a proficient communicator with great presentation skills that is able to articulate ideas in a clear manner, engage in healthy debate, and accept directional feedback. Must be able to communicate effectively both up and down a creative organization.
- In depth knowledge of the creative development process, including effectively and efficiently staffing projects, providing timely and helpful feedback to improve creative solutions, and producing work on schedule. Must be able to effectively lead junior creative staff members, vendors, freelancers, and photographers as needed.
- You are proficient in design software used in the design process, including InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop. Experience with 3D software is a plus.
In this role, you will be a vital member of the team — brainstorming, coordinating, and collaborating frequently in order to bring to life Apple’s key elements of design and art direction. You’ll craft innovative and inspiring design solutions that meet the requirements outlined in creative briefs, following creative direction of the appropriate Associate Creative Director or Creative Director. You'll plan and direct projects end to end, inspire the team to pursue new creative solutions, and provide guidance to junior creatives. Regular reviews of creative work with each group’s Associate Creative Director or Creative Director are part of our workflow. You will be responsible for conducting persuasive creative presentations, gathering feedback on direction, and ensuring work aligns with other activities within Apple’s marketing communications. Our team strives for consistent delivery of superior design, as well as scaling design solutions in accordance with project constraints and parameters. We're accountable for the successful implementation of creative and art direction on assigned projects in a variety of media.