Global Construction Safety Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new insights have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The EHS team at Apple is growing and we need upbeat, dedicated and flexible professionals to join a dynamic team committed to protecting the environment, health, and safety of our employees, customers and the global communities where we operate, while supporting our partners in their mission to develop amazing products. Apple is looking for an experienced Construction Safety Manager to join the Corporate EHS team to lead the further definition and implementation of the Construction Safety Program. As a part of the EHS team, The Construction Safety Manager will collaborate with Apple’s Project management team to ensure that general contractors, sub-contractors, etc., follow their respective safety program and conform to Apple’s overall construction and contractor safety program requirements. The Construction Safety Manager will lead safety and risk associated with active and planned construction projects and ensure compliance with all applicable EHS regulations.
- 5-10 years of experience working on major construction projects in the field of safety.
- Strong knowledge of interpreting and following OSHA 1926 as well as best practices in leading construction safety
- Working knowledge of federal, state and local health and safety, and environmental regulations is critical.
- Direct experience dealing with regulatory agencies and/or compliance officers is preferred.
- Knowledge of Facilities Management, engineering, and construction.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent collaboration, project management, analytical, data quality troubleshooting, and problem-solving and communication skills.
- Attend project/design review meetings and conduct safety focus discussions with project management team. - Assist project management team in review of contractor and subcontractor qualifications program. - Develop hazard control designs, methods, procedures and programs. - Assist Project Managers in developing in site specific safety/orientation plans. - Measure, audit and evaluate the efficiency of hazard control programs. - Conduct safety audits on active construction project sites on a regular basis for compliance with Apple’s construction and contractor safety programs. - Assist in incident/accident investigations, develop accident reporting procedures and participate in accident/incident review meetings. - Assist with OSHA inspections and associated responses. - Maintain and communicate Apple’s written construction safety program standard - Support the architects, engineers, and other specialty consultants from initial programming to construction completion. - Meet with internal strategic engineering groups, operations and business units to determine detailed project requirements. - Maintain strong working relationships with internal customers and key partners. - Review Job Hazard Analysis, Fall Protection plans, Excavation Documentation, Confined Space forms, Lift Plans and Lockout/Tagout paperwork etc. - Work directly with GC and project teams to address specific safety related needs/concerns. - Ensure Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) are developed and maintained as required - Develop tracking metrics to ensure safety performance in the field is monitored and measured.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Occupational Health and Safety or related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.