Senior 3D Reconstruction Computer Vision Algorithm Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Are you seeking an algorithm development role in a collaborative team where you can focus on 3D Reconstruction? The 3D Perception team in Video Computer Vision – the team who developed the visual inertial odometer/SLAM for ARKit – is working on the future of 3D-enabled Apple products. We are looking for an extraordinary algorithm engineer to join us on projects that impact hundreds of millions of users.
- RGB-D 3D reconstruction algorithms
- 3D mesh algorithms, operations, texturing, and parameterizations
- Multi-view stereo
- SLAM - Simultaneous Localization and Mapping experience
- Traditional or deep learning domain knowledge for the above areas
- C++ development experience
- Writing high performance, memory efficient, and multi-threaded code
- Familiarity or experience with Objective-C, OpenGL, Metal, and Swift a plus
You will create 3D computer vision algorithms to deliver experiences that are impactful, meaningful, and influential. We work closely with Apple’s best-in-class designers to ensure the products we ship are more than technical demos – they resonate with users at a personal level. In this role you will be working on a wide range of responsibilities: core technology algorithm development in support of future user experiences; communicating with and supporting external teams that use our algorithms; supporting low-level, cross-platform efforts; participating in code reviews; and being a constant advocate within the team for high quality results.
Education & Experience
PhD in computer vision, robotics or machine learning; alternatively a comparable industry career, with significant experience on delivering products using state-of-the-art computer vision, machine learning and robotics technologies