Product Manager, Connected iPhone
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — we craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Do you love problem solving and thinking beyond an obvious solution? Do you thrive in ambiguity and teams where little direction should fuel your creativity? We are looking for a dynamic, highly motivated Product Manager to join the Online Store iPhone team. As the Connected iPhone Product Manager, you’ll be responsible for defining and driving offers that make it easy for Apple Online Store customers to purchase an iPhone and activate it.
- 5+ years of product management experience leading consumer products/offers.
- Passionate about user experience; able to encourage and educate designers and engineers.
- Possess strong decision-making and prioritization skills; have experience handling and leading complex production schedules.
- Ability to work independently; anticipating and resolving problems.
- Have insights into modern interactive design and development standards; recognize and appreciate the differences between web-based and native app experiences.
- Ambitious and active with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities.
- Strong leadership and excellent interpersonal skills, with experience managing, motivating and mentoring teams/individuals.
- Strong technical background, ability to dive into the technical details is a requirement.
- Experience with wireless carrier business and carrier plans in major markets is a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of Apple products and industry.
We are looking for a Product Manager that has the ability to own and drive initiatives, a passion and vision for the future of online shopping, and the ability to deliver a customer experience worthy of the Apple brand. The right person will combine technical fluency with a strong sense of user experience, diplomacy, program management skills and business insight. You should have great presentation abilities and be able to drive an actionable vision and requirements that rallies the team and delights our customers. You will have experience in the following areas: e-commerce including mobile commerce, wireless carrier plans, emerging payment models, fulfillment and distribution models, and web marketing. You should be able to point to a portfolio of high quality, innovative projects that exemplify your attention to detail. Responsibilities: Collaborate with a cross-functional team to develop strategic product and feature roadmaps. Be the internal evangelist, build consensus with executives, colleagues, and third parties. Drive detailed requirement definitions intended for engineering and design. Represent business interests during design and development phases. Work with engineering project management to communicate project status, resolve issues, and ensure that high quality products are delivered on time. Run cross-functional schedules and report on project health to management. Develop launch plans, ensure readiness of the operations, marketing, PR, support and call center teams. Measure and report on the efficacy of initiatives and develop action plans accordingly. Knowledge of wireless communications technologies. Experience with OS X and iOS. Experience managing external technology vendors.
Education & Experience
BA/BS in Business or Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and work experience. MBA desirable. Experience in working with the US Telecom carriers preferred