Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET), Apple Pay
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could carry out. The Apple Pay team is responsible for delivering server-side solutions for the iOS ecosystem. You’ll be joining a team of elite engineers and interacting daily with teams that span across Apple including iOS software and hardware engineering, Apple Online Store, Apple Retail, and our network and banking partners.
- 8+ years of strong object-oriented programming experience (preferably Java).
- Experience in creating and consuming RESTful web services.
- Deep experience in API functional testing, API test development, execution of automated tests and bug reporting.
- Strong background in designing or extending existing test frameworks for web services; particularly using frameworks such as JUnit, TestNg.
- Experienced in UNIX-based systems for debugging, analysis, and automation.
- Experience with unit testing and other forms of automated testing with APIs.
- Experience working closely with development teams in an Agile software development environment.
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills with meticulous attention to detail and with a diligent mindset.
- At ease with maven, svn and git; expertise with continuous integration systems using Jenkins
- At ease with web devTools, server side logging tools (Splunk) and HTTP traffic monitoring tools (Charles Proxy, Wireshark etc).
- Basic understanding on application security; authentication, authorization, cryptography, etc.
- Understanding of packet sniffer tools such as Wireshark, tcpdump, etc
- Experience solving OS, database, network configuration, and applications server issues
The Apple Pay team is growing! The group is looking for an extraordinary software development engineer in quality with strong experience in building client and server test automation. We work in an agile software development environment and are building infrastructure to move towards continuous delivery where every code change is thoroughly tested by push of a button and is considered ready to be deployed if we choose so. With exponential growth that we experience at Apple Pay, we are looking to scale our test infrastructure for fast and effective integrations. Come join the team and be part of this initiative. To be successful in this role you should be an A+ developer with strong programming fundamentals and have what it takes to design, document, and automate tests. You must be able to design, document and develop restful services at scale. You will be self-driven, can constantly research and suggest the latest technologies, independently solve technical issues, and work with teams of developers, test engineers, and engineering project managers who take pride in building server solutions. You’ll be involved in all phases and layers of the application, and have a direct impact on the experience of millions of customers.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience