Senior Layout Lead
Austin, Texas, United States
Apple Silicon Engineering is seeking creative Senior Layout Leads to design the next generation of Apple’s world-leading systems-on-chip (SOCs)! Apple’s multi-billion-transistor Ax SOCs are the brain of every iPhone and iPad. Our Analog/Mixed-Signal (AMS) circuits connect them to the physical world. Examples of our AMS IPs include SERDES for data communication, PLLs for clock generation, and sensors for measuring all sorts of physical quantities. Analog Layout is a crucial component of the hardware design process. Analog Layout Engineers work alongside circuit designers to transform design ideas into silicon! Apple’s world-leading SOCs are created using robust tool-suites, the most advanced nodes, and modern layout methodologies. Senior Layout Leads are responsible for delivering Analog Mixed-Signal IP in an SOC flow. They collaborate with teams of highly skilled individuals to develop the next generation of world-leading SOCs.
- 10+ years of proven experience in analog/mixed-signal layout design of deep submicron CMOS circuits and at least 3+ years of recent experience on advance nodes including FinFet technologies
- High level of proficiency in interpretation of CALIBRE DRC, ERC, LVS, reports
- Experience with CADENCE or MENTOR GRAPHICS layout tools
- Programming knowledge in SKILL, Perl, and/or Python is a bonus
This job may be right for you if: Want to accelerate your career Thrive in a fast-paced, multifaceted, and goal driven environment Are passionate about working with the world’s most advanced technology Enjoy collaborating with a very talented and experienced team Have a good understanding of engineering fundamentals Actively seek out opportunities to work with multi-functional teams (SOC, Tech, CAD) Drive critical floor-planning decisions Lead a team of people to produce complex AMS blocks with high-quality layout Are always looking for ways to introduce new insights and workflows that improve efficiency across a global team of layout engineers Want opportunities to challenge yourself and broaden your skillset Want to work every single day to craft products that enrich people’s lives
Education & Experience
• B.S. EE & CS or equivalent Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.