Loading Dock Master
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
In RE&D, we don’t sit back and let things happen, we make things happen, and we do this in service to all Apple employees and customers. Our team is a diverse and nimble group that manages Apple’s workplaces and workplace services. We develop and manage Apple’s global real estate portfolio, lead all related capital construction projects, provide outstanding facilities and site services, develop and lead sustainability initiatives to reduce the environmental impact of all Apple facilities, including commute and renewable energy programs, and do everything we can to ensure the health and safety of all Apple personnel, facilities, and customers in our facilities around the world. Are you passionate about logistics, loading dock operations, and customer service? If so, join our Shipping, Receiving & Mail Services team as a Loading Dock Master and you’ll have a meaningful role in continuing Apple’s legacy of efficiency and success. In this role, you will be responsible for loading dock operations at Apple Park in Cupertino, CA. You will establish and maintain a secure loading dock operation by ensuring strict access control procedures are followed, coordinate deliveries using various scheduling software, and review objectives with your manager to handle success of the operation. Come and do the best and most exciting work of your career at Apple.
- - 3+ years’ experience as the manager of a loading dock, or similar experience.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with the following:
- Email and Calendar software
- Logistics tracking software, experience with BearTracks is a plus,
- Numbers or Excel and Pages or Word, and Apple products including iPads, iPhones and MacBooks
- Excellent customer service mentality, with a can-do attitude.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral). You communicate effectively using email
- You are highly organized and possess solid time-management skills. You have a strong sense of urgency and drive for results by constantly following up and following through
- Material handling skills, including ability to use motorized and manual equipment such as forklifts, pallet jacks, and hand trucks
- Must have a valid driver license and be at least 25 years of age to follow fleet insurance requirements.
- Ability to perform the following types of physical activities:
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Push/pull to move equipment
- Bend/stoop/squat/kneel, and
- Reach above shoulders
- Must be comfortable working in a loading dock environment, with exposure to varied weather conditions
Leads the training of the loading dock staff Manages daily reservation system and dock assignments Coordinates daily activities and proactively communicates with staff and customers. Quickly responds to emails, texts, and phone calls in order to provide a high standard of service to customers and colleagues Maintains best practices for incoming and outgoing deliveries, including oversight of strict check-in/check-out processes and traffic safety procedures Creates and send recurring reports and status updates to your manager Maintains a clean and safe work area Build and maintain Standard Operating Procedures Cross-trains all team members and assigns duties according to the daily schedule Communicates with Fleet team to ensure your team’s vehicles are maintained properly Assists with the delivery of materials from the loading dock to campus locations, assigning staff and resources to complete deliveries Works well under pressure and maintains self-composure and integrity. Exercises good judgment. Acts as a great teammate, remains open to performing in all loading dock-related roles and learns new skills Responds to emails, texts and phone calls in a timely, efficient manner. Remains flexible and prepared for changes to the schedule, including working early mornings, evenings, or weekends Completes other duties, as assigned
Education & Experience
High school diploma or equivalent. Associate degree or higher preferred.