Business Operations Analyst, Video
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it! We're growing and encourage you to apply! We believe the role would place you in a highly-energized environment with some of the most hardworking creative individuals in the industry where you would be inspired to share your years of experience along with providing extraordinary support for the team. The Apple TV app brings together original shows and movies from Apple TV+. Just the premium channels you want. Thousands of movies to buy or rent. Popular streaming services and cable TV providers. It’s personalized and expertly curated, so you’ll discover the best of what’s on. And it’s all in the Apple TV app. On all your screens. It’s the ultimate way to watch TV. This is a hands-on position working in our Video Partner Operations team. In this role, you’ll be responsible for leading operations projects, planning and deploying resources across our video partner operations team, using data to find opportunities for operational efficiency, and defining metrics for integration quality and compliance to process.
- 5+ years of experience in the digital media or technology industry
- Strong analytical skills and are able to make clear recommendations by collecting and interpreting data.
- Experience building complex models (via spreadsheet or other methods) given related data sets.
- Operationally minded. You are always finding ways to be more efficient and thrive at crafting robust, repeatable processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate at all organizational levels.
- Above average presentation skills, ability to deliver impactful presentations at all levels of the organization.
- Very strong Keynote skills.
- Experience driving projects to completion. Ability to quickly identify when projects are off track and can quickly get them right again.
- An understanding of the TV app’s services and features, including Universal Search, integrated streaming apps, Apple TV channels, and Apple TV+.
- High level of energy, passion and dedication to your work.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and are comfortable working with ambiguity.
- Strong knowledge of digital video concepts (container formats, codecs, tools, standard methodologies, etc).
- You understand Dolby Vision, HDR, 4K and Dolby Atmos workflows and are able to dig into the details of assets.
- Previous experience working with Apple’s video asset, artwork, and metadata specs.
- Experience running multiple ongoing projects, while maintaining a high level of quality and accuracy.
- A self-starter, who is dedicated and demonstrates creative and critical thinking abilities.
We are seeking a Business Operations Analyst within the Apple TV App Operations organization to help measure and improve the team’s efficiency. The ideal candidate has strong interpersonal skills, an uncanny ability to build consensus, and a passion for video service quality. This role will be responsible for: Managing a variety of operational projects to bring new partners to the TV app and improve overall efficiency of our operations. Designing scalable processes for operational support of an ongoing video service Defining and building proof of concept automations and tools to support ongoing processes and one-off projects. Working with internal and external partners to document processes and workflows. Produce project updates for our executive teams.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent industry experience. MBA is a plus.