Wireless SoC Design Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Would you like to join Apple’s growing wireless silicon development team? Our wireless SOC organization is responsible for all aspects of wireless silicon development with a particular emphasis on highly energy efficient design and new technologies that transform the user experience at the product level, all of which is driven by a world-class vertically integrated engineering team spanning RF/Analog architecture and design, Systems/PHY/MAC architecture and design, VLSI/RTL design and integration, Emulation, Design Verification, Test and Validation, and FW/SW engineering. In this highly visible role, you will be at the center of a silicon design group with a critical impact on getting functional products to hundreds of millions of customers quickly. Will you join us and do the work of your life here?
- 5 or more years of experiences in low power digital IP related design
- Proficiency in ASIC logic design and SoC integration
- System architecture knowledge including one or more of the following:
- Bus fabric, especially APB/AHB/AXI, Tiered memory systems, System debug architecture, Serial communications like UART/SPI/I2C, etc.
- Hands-on skills in Shell and Perl scripting, Python is a plus
- Performance analysis experience desirable
- Embedded firmware development knowledge would be an advantage
- Strong skills in solving complex problems on the fly
- Excellent communication for collaboration across different functions
You will develop signal processing intensive design for wireless communication SoCs, including: • Complex SoC low power design, analysis and implementation • Writing specifications and other documents • IP integration, RTL logic design, and DV support • Interaction with architecture and software teams • Running tools to ensure lint-free and CDC clean design • Synthesis and timing constraints
Education & Experience
MSEE or equivalent, Ph.D. preferred