Senior Social Strategist
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Marcom is Apple’s Global Marketing Communications group. We lead all of Apple’s advertising and marketing efforts to ensure the considered development and execution of world-class communications. The Social team is responsible for developing high-level strategy, planning, creative concepting and overall execution plan in collaboration with our Brand Teams. They partner with multiple functional disciplines on launch and campaign projects throughout the year, in addition to directly running and managing Apple’s owned social channels. This requires close collaboration with groups internal and external to Marcom. We are looking for a senior social strategist with strong social, brand and entertainment experience to lead show social campaigns and be a key member of a cross functional team working closely with integrated production, brand, creative (agencies and internal), brand strategy, PR, talent relations, and social team members.
- 10-15 years experience in marketing/advertising with at least 8 years focused on social strategy. Plus if they have some account or production experience.
- Fluency with social platforms from strategic and feature based perspectives
- Heavy user of social platforms, intuitive understanding of behavioral and technology trends
- Needs the following experience:
- In house brand experience as well as entertainment experience
- Leading a social team and being a lead cross functionally
- All components of social: strategy, CM, analytics, handles, campaigns, real time moments, events, paid, talent, production and creative
- Social tools
- Strong understanding of creative and good taste/pov on creative work
- Great teammate, proactive, hard worker, organized
- Proven track record of leading work that is best in class social and made an impact in culture - not just ads, trailers, or tactical social
- Ideally has past experience at a brand; entertainment company; and/or agency.
This candidate will be the social lead both internally to cross functional departments and externally to talent and partners. They need to have a strong eye for what pops in social and how to make an impact in culture. There are a lot of people involved so they need to know how to get work through the system and how to partner with people along the way. T They need to have a strong understanding of insights, audience, editorial strategy, and campaign development. This person should have the ability to pick things up easily (even without knowing all the information) and be able to jump right into and navigate tricky situations. Most importantly, they should be a good person to work with, believe in Apple’s values, and a lover of entertainment and culture and be excited to work at Apple in a growing service that is still new.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree or equivalent