Laser Safety Technician
Austin, Texas, United States
Imagine what you could do here at Apple. New ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The EHS team is growing and we need energetic, dedicated and flexible professionals to join a dynamic team committed to protecting the environment, health, and safety of our employees, customers and the global communities where we operate, while supporting our stakeholders in their mission to develop amazing products.
- 5+ years of related experience
- Fluency with data capture, data analytics, spreed sheets (Numbers, Tableau, Excel) and presentation (Keynote)
- Must be self-motivated, pro-active, multi-tasking and creative
- Outstanding communication, report writing, and presentation skills, written and verbal
- Experience conducting site audits and performing risk assessment
Based in Austin, TX, this role will be aimed at supporting EHS operations globally. This includes working with regional EHS and lab personnel on planning, scheduling, and coordination of inspection teams. Also, management of audit databases, findings, and providing on-going metrics. Additionally, this role will provide support to various project teams by weekly tracking of distributed hardware against necessary training requirements, providing weekly training reminders, and data roll up for on-going metrics by project. This role also assist with EHS audits. Person will be trained on specific audit program, data collection/analysis, and action item assignment. Position requires the ability to thrive in a dynamic environment and work independently with cross-functional teams. Task include but are not limited to: - Scheduling, tracking, coordinating weekly EHS inspections across a global community - Processing weekly test results and updating records - Running weekly training and hardware inquiry reports and sending training reminders - Performing lab inspections, documenting findings, tracking actions and remediation - Logistical support - maintain equipment inventory, asset tracking, materials coordination - Ensure long-term data retention for checklist, exams, approvals, procedures, etc.
Education & Experience
BS in Engineering, Science or or equivalent practical experience.
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.