Site EHS Lead, Content Production
New York City, New York, United States
Imagine what you could do here at Apple. New ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The EHS team is growing, and we need energetic, dedicated and flexible professionals to join a dynamic team committed to protecting the environment, health, and safety of our employees, customers and the global communities where we operate, while supporting our partners in their mission to develop amazing products! The Site EHS Lead is responsible to own the environmental, health and safety programs on Apple content productions and at leased motion picture and television studios. Additionally, the EHS Lead will be responsible for assisting with and supervising EHS compliance programs on third-party Apple content productions at studio facilities.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in fire/life safety, safety and environmental affairs management
- Good understanding of motion picture and television production process including organizational structure, terminology, equipment, construction methods, stunt and special effects techniques, etc.
- Strong communication skills are required for this position as this person will be interacting with all levels of personnel on a regular basis.
- Teammate with an ability to supervise several projects in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter with ability to prioritize and respond accordingly
- Ability to respond after hours for important, timely or urgent manners
- Ability to be discreet and handle confidential information
- Proficiency in Google Docs, Sheets, Gmail, Gdrive, MS Word, Excel
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, regional and local fire/life safety, health & safety and environmental regulations (Fire Codes, OSHA, Cal/OSHA, EPA, etc.), and
- Experience in acquiring permits from fire, safety, air, water and waste regulatory agencies
- The ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Implement and run corporate EHS compliance programs at leased studio facilities - Build and maintain strong relationships with internal partners, Back-lot Departments, Facilities, Studio Fire Department, and Studio Security Department, and outside regulatory agencies - Drive value though improving safety culture via increased safety awareness, facility improveme nts, and reducing injuries - Implement and lead fire/life safety systems, inspection and maintenance for the facilities to promote safety and ensure compliance - Implement and maintain specific health and safety compliance programs to meet and anticipate regulatory requirements - including, but not limited to: Construction Safety, Confined Space Entry, Hazard Communication, Hot Work, Lockout Tagout, D.O.T. Transportation, Fall Protection, Personal Protective Equipment, Ergonomics, Powered Lift Truck Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Lead & Asbestos, Hazardous Materials & Waste Management, Air and Water Pollution Prevention Compliance Programs, and all associated inspections and required training - Provide technical input into construction planning and review construction drawings to incorporate safety and environmental principals and ensure compliance - Perform accident, injury and illness investigations, and lead worker injuries and Workers Compensation cases - Implement safety communication program addressing specific employee and employer concerns through interpersonal and written communication, and training - Prepare and submit OSHA, EPA and local compliance reports and permits as necessary. - Run environmental, health & safety consulting services as necessary - Perform regular inspections and audits to verify adherence to corporate programs and regulatory compliance - Develop and maintain effective working relationships with industry safety organizations, representatives and governmental regulatory agencies as appropriate - May need to participate in strenuous physical activities including, but not limited to, various climbing assignments THIRD-PARTY APPLE PRODUCTIONS: - Evaluate and mitigate safety concerns by working directly with Production Executives, Producers, Unit Production Managers and other production staff - Evaluate production concepts, scripts, pitches, etc., for safety and environmental concerns and risks - Collaborate with Production Management in the planning and execution phase of all filming assessing safety and environmental needs, and traveling to remote locations as required - Develop and distribute the Apple Production Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP), and other production safety and environmental guidelines - Respond to, and investigate production emergencies, incidents and accidents - Lead and mentor other production safety professionals in skills development and efficiency - Evaluate production sets, stages and locations for EHS compliance, and recommend corrective actions and assists productions in implementation - Coordinate production employee EHS training
Education & Experience
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in fire/life safety, safety and environmental affairs management Certifications / Special Training a plus: - ASSP Certificated Safety Professional - ABIH Certified Industrial Hygienist - Cal-OSHA, Certified Asbestos Building Inspector - OSHA 40-hr Certified - Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response - OSHA Certified Fall Protection Competent Person
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.