RF Systems Engineer - RF Connectivity
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people’s lives. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to shape upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every day. Apple's RF System Engineering team is looking for a passionate, self-motivated individual to work on integration of connectivity (WLAN/BT/GPS/NFC) technologies into Apple’s wireless products.
- You have experience with evaluation of design, test and troubleshooting of wireless HW. Such experience should include strong understanding of transceiver design and RF front-end characteristics that impact system-level RF Parametrics (power, sensitivity, EVM, etc.).
- You have experience of leading an engineering team of at least 4 engineers.
- You have hands-on experience with RF equipment, such as network analyzers, signal generators and signal analyzers.
- You have deep understanding of at least one wireless technology (WiFi or Bluetooth).
- Experience with translating system performance specifications into hardware specifications is a plus.
- Proficiency at MATLAB simulations to model and analyze wireless feature implementations is a plus.
- Proficiency at HFSS simulations to model/analyze wireless HW issues is also a plus.
- Understanding of PHY Layer and MAC/application layer for WLAN/BT is helpful and experience in debugging throughput issues is a plus.
- You have excellent communication skills, both written & verbal.
You will create and execute detailed test plans for wireless parametric and root cause issues. You are expected to provide root cause analysis and drive fixes by collaborating with responsible engineers. For complex wireless issues, you are required to propose system optimizations and drive the changes in collaboration with cross-functional teams. You will work with vendors, technology suppliers and cross-functional teams to optimize the end-to-end wireless system performance (e.g. throughput, wireless audio quality, etc.) across Apple products.
Education & Experience
Master’s degree with 8+ years' experience or PhD with 5 years experience is required.