Sr. Manager, Engineering - Accessory Products
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
At Apple, novel ideas have a way of quickly becoming extraordinary products and customer experiences. Manage a world class team of engineers and technologists working to develop compelling products that continue to connect, develop and expand the ecosystems for iPhone, iPad, Mac and more. Accessory products enable countless people to fully-utilize and enjoy the Apple ecosystem with a larger and loyal customer-base the possibilities are unlimited. This is a unique opportunity to lead the hardware system engineering of products from concept to launch including ideation, architecture, design execution and high volume production.
- Ability to lead technical design discussions from concept to implementation, architect mindset
- Ability to represent the team cross-functionally and across organizations
- People management experience over several years including: active listening, conflict resolution and resource prioritization in a highly cross functional environment
- Proven track record of effective communication and team building skills
- Learning attitude with a keen attention to detail
- Solid engineering fundamentals, an innate curiosity and creative engineering skills
TEAM HIGHLIGHTS: - Architecture development for products interfacing via wired and wireless interfaces - Lightning, USB-C, MagSafe, BT, BTLE, NFC…etc. - Custom silicon definition & development - Detailed board-level design and product execution - component selection, schematic capture, validation planning and execution - Close work with in-region teams & contract manufactures - factory test development, build readiness, validation, FA…etc. - Utilization of local and contract manufacturer resources to execute rigorous validation Collaboration is a key component of this role. The accessory product space is uniquely set to provide insight into virtually every team involved in product development at Apple and offers the opportunity to build connections to many other product teams across Apple.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Electrical Engineering Numerous product cycles from concept to delivery as a technical leader and manager.