Environment, Health and Safety Lead - Retail
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The EHS team at Apple is growing and we need energetic, dedicated and flexible professionals to join a dynamic team committed to protecting the environment, health, and safety of our employees, customers and the global communities where we operate, while supporting our stakeholders in their mission to develop amazing products! Apple is looking for a collaborative, highly organized professional to serve as an Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) Lead, supporting Corporate & Retail functions. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of occupational health and safety requirements and workplace evaluation as well as knowledge of applicable EHS regulations and laws. A demonstrated ability to effectively interact with and influence senior leadership is essential.
- 5-10 years of EHS experience, preferably in multi-national companies. Retail experience preferred.
- Highly self motivated and able to effectively self manage
- A dynamic leader who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic workplace
- A proactive, assertive sense of urgency to problem solving
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- In depth knowledge of one or more of the following: ergonomics, industrial hygiene, life safety systems, emergency response, physical safety, construction safety, accessibility support.
• Partner with Development, Preservation, Facilities, HR/ER and Store Leadership to develop and implement EHS policies, procedures and standards. • Integrate with Retail Support Central Operations(Retail Supply, Store Strategies, Global Store Support, New Store Opening (NSO) & Remodel team) to ensure early identification of potential EHS challenges and advise accordingly. • Provide insight and advice on meeting the requirements of H&S for existing and emerging Apple sites, including Retail stores, office space and R&D space. • Ensure compliance with statutory requirements and work with Management teams to identify and handle risks. • Manage regulatory agency inspections, inquiries, contacts, and reporting in accordance with corporate and regulatory requirements. Ensure regular EHS assessments, inspections and safety check-ins are completed and communicated to the appropriate teams. • Execute the process for reporting, investigating and communicating accidents, hazards and concerns. • Support sites with emergency response preparation, including emergency plans, training and drills. • Run the safety of large scale events. • Develop and implement training for all personnel to assure understanding of EHS programs. • Act as point of contact for the coordination for EHS communications and critical issues to and from Global Retail Support and Corporate offices. • Partner with local EHS support vendors and local authorities. • Communicate effectively to all levels, from floor to corporate executives, the progress and trends towards achieving excellence in EHS compliance.
Education & Experience
BA or BS program in a relevant EHS discipline.