Apple Media Products Engineering- Program Manager, Apple Books
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
- 7+ years of program or technical project/program management experience in software development
- Passion for working on products related to books and audiobooks across multiple platforms (iOS, watchOS, macOS, tvOS)
- Excellent organization skills, acute attention to detail, ability to balance multiple tasks in a constantly evolving environment
- An extraordinary communicator to all levels of the organization with a knack for encouraging positive relationships
- Naturally accountable, responsible and self-motivated.
- Strong facilitation skills (requirements gathering, design reviews, cross-functional stakeholder meetings, reporting status and schedules).
- Strong technical proficiency. Bonus points for past programming experience
We are looking for an Engineering Program Manager to drive initiatives related to Apple Books, building features for our customers and partners. In this role you will: -- Drive & oversee all aspects of multiple concurrent projects & features, including scope, requirements, timelines, resource allocation & reporting. -- Define business and functional requirements for Books features (often writing them yourself). -- Define user workflows, taking into account multiple teams and their differing work styles. -- Identify multiple projects that can be re-scoped against each other to maximize resources and time. -- Own overall cross-functional schedules, which may impact multiple engineering teams, including client, server, tools, reporting and others. -- Collaborate with IS&T, Legal, Finance, Design, Ops, Editorial, QA and other organizations inside Apple to deliver Books features. -- Take a role in improving how features are built and executed in the AMP ecosystem.
Education & Experience
BA/BS or equivalent experience. MBA a plus.