Manager, Inductive Engineering Program Management
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Come join the team that brought you MagSafe! In this critical, highly visible role you will be responsible for managing part of a team of technical EPMs in the Power Technology organization, specifically wireless power. Your role will be to work closely with the Power Tech and cross-functional engineering teams to ensure the many critical power projects are properly scoped, planned, and executed. You will be responsible for establishing and maintaining a disciplined engineering approach to driving technology projects critical to Apple’s Power Technology roadmap. Engineering excellence is expected and encouraged.
- Technical background (e.g. hardware development) with knowledge of end-to-end technology development - system background a plus
- Electrical Engineering background.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and leadership skills Technical background (e.g. hardware development) with knowledge of end-to-end technology development
- Self motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Understands and deals well with rapid development cycles; remains flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty
- Team building and collaboration skills with the ability to mentor team members and foster their growth
- Teamwork: the candidate must be able to fit in well with a team, understand capabilities and priorities while fostering a collaborative environment
- An understanding of the fundamentals of wireless power transmission or has the inquisitiveness to research and learn these fundamentals
- International travel may be required
Establish effective and strong working relationships with key cross functional organizations and the Power Tech engineering team and leadership. Ensure effective, integrated functional work between the teams across the globe and Cupertino. Identify key project risks and develop appropriate mitigation plans. Help the teams to drive root cause investigation and to derive appropriate corrective action options. Effectively drive the decision-making process, highlight and appropriately escalate (as required) key issues to the executive team. Work closely with the Power Tech firmware and algorithm teams. Ensure inter-team and intra-team communications are efficient and effective. Identify and resolve conflicts, inter-dependencies, and program issues quickly and efficiently. Help maintain and develop the high standards the EPM team maintains and guide the team to consistently perform to those standards. Improve the technical skillset of the EPMs such that they are enabled to drive the key technical aspects of the Power Tech projects. Help further develop and implement standard processes and procedures to enable the org to scale. Desired: Previous Management Experience, system development experience (prototype through production phases), new technology development (prototype through production phases @ Apple) Power Technology/Power Systems background education/experience Wireless Power Technology background education/experience
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent industry experience in a related discipline (e.g. EE, ME, etc.) required. Graduate degree preferred.