Electro Optical Device Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple is looking for an enthusiastic engineer to design and develop innovative optical devices. Come and join us to make a dent in the universe.
- The candidate needs to be a fast learner and may have a background in optics, chemical engineering, electrical engineering, material science or mechanical engineering
- Creative/analytical & critical thinking and problem-solving skills, DOE planning
- Experience in product definition, competitive study; Driving integration solution to meet product requirement
- Experienced in working with cross functional teams; Co-developing technologies with component vendors and driving for convergence.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in certain computer language (like one or more from Matlab, Mathematica, C/C+ +, Fortran, Python, etc) for simulations and modeling is preferred but not required.
This position is focusing on defining product requirements, benchmarking existing products, co-developing technologies with vendors, finding innovative and effective ways to solve challenges, down-selecting, driving for convergency and enabling the best user experience of Apple products. The team features a collaborative and hands-on environment that fosters engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation in the interdisciplinary ares of optics, device fabrication, mechanical engineering, image process, color, vision science and reliability performance.
Education & Experience
Ph.D or Master degree in Optics Science/Engineering, or related fields