Wireless Embedded Software Developer
San Diego, California, United States
Software and Services
Join the Wireless Technologies and Ecosystems (WTE) organization and be part of a best-in-class team of engineers, working with multi-functional teams to drive innovation and develop products used by millions worldwide. We are looking for a highly reciprocal individual who can excel in a high-paced environment. Be ready to make something extraordinary when you come here. Dynamic, encouraging people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with our products and services. The same real passion for innovation also applies to our business practices - strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. You should join Apple if you want to help deliver the next amazing Apple product. In this role, you will be a key member of our team in San Diego defining and working on Platform software design and development collaborating with Cellular Protocol Stack, RF and other teams.
- Experience in developing embedded real-time software for Cellular SoCs
- Fundamental knowledge and understanding of embedded processors and real-time OS concepts
- Solid understanding of baseband system/architecture (core, cache, memory, bus, interrupts, sleep/wake, clock, power control, dynamic frequency and voltage scaling, SPMI, PCIe, etc)
- Experience in developing low level driver software for embedded platforms
- Excellent software engineering skills, including driver software design, implementation, validation and debugging
- Experience and proficiency in C/C++
- Experience and familiarity with version control systems like git, Perforce, etc.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams and to present complex technical topics to a multi-level audience
In this highly visible and critical role, candidate will be part of the Cellular Platform Software Driver Team and responsible for architecture, design, implementation and quality of platform software and drivers. The candidate will be responsible for specifying requirements, writing design documents, architect solutions and implement software for state-of-the-art wireless SoCs You will also perform pre-silicon verification, debug both system-wide and component level issues on target HW and simulation The position requires high level thinking to architect code solutions with low level programming and excellent communications and leadership skills, with the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
Education & Experience
Master in Electrical Engineering, Wireless Communications or equivalent majors.