Production Supervisor, Apple Music
Culver City, California, United States
We are currently seeking an experienced Production Supervisor to join Apple’s Product and Design Team. This is an opportunity for the right individual to have a direct impact on a team that will help define the future of Apple’s core media products through thoughtful and innovative content initiatives. A bit about you The right candidate will have experience managing production design pipelines and workflows at scale, with the ability to support and maintain ongoing production design work-streams. The role functions in partnership with internal design and producers teams, as well as external partners, at high volumes and fast pace. You are highly organized. You are proactive, self-motivated and adaptable. You can think strategically and tactically, and be able to solve problems independently. You have a disciplined approach to managing workflow. You can identify communication, logistical, and scheduling challenges well down the road, and proactively problem solve with long term stabilization and optimization in mind. Familiarity with content planning tools and effective resource management are key, as well as understanding the impact of production decisions on both creative and production output. Ideal candidates excel at organization and communication, developing working relationships with partner team members and cross-functional partners, with the ability to identify and articulate alternative solutions when changes arise.
- Proven experience (8+YOE) acting as a Production Manager, Project Manager, or Producer, overseeing production at scale.
- Expertise in digital design production processes and pipeline/workflow supervision; ideally within a subscription services business model.
- You are tactical with careful attention to detail, but able to think more holistically about opportunities for efficiency and team structure.
- Experience articulating intent to others and proactively organizing partners to put ideas into action.
- You are comfortable and confident working in a dynamic environment, partnering with teams to move through the unknown.
- Experience with production design workflows including retouching, localization, and video production.
This role oversees ongoing production pipelines for Apple Music and Apple Podcasts on-platform art creation, working directly with internal and external production teams to organize and optimize ongoing production and workflow. More specifically, you will: - Oversee the ongoing on-platform asset production streams for the various Apple Music and Apple Podcasts verticals, collaborating with internal production design and producer teams, and vendor partners. - Maintain production status and forecast for ongoing production expectations, upcoming content launches, and coordinated feature rollouts. - Coordinate and prepare new production briefs with Producers and Design teams, assuring final assets, pipeline and workflow, and launch timings are established, confirmed and communicated. - Lead regular communication between internal and external teams, outlining production goals and problem solving pain points. - Optimize internal and partner-led production processes, workflows, and communications. - Publish regular production reports for both internal and cross-functional visibility. - Manage key vendor relationship, ensuring scope and budget optimization, and prioritization. - Monitor burn reports from production partners, and manage scope expectations.
Education & Experience
BA/BS or equivalent experience.